NEW WEBSITE

River Rock Church Philippines Has a
NEW WEBSITE! Check it out!
www.riverrockchurchphilippines.com

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Call to Macedonia Week 2

My Dear Grace Chapel Partners,

Today we gave a worship service at a squatter’s area, Sitio Franks. The poorest of poor live there. The leaders of Sitio Franks invited us to bring the church to the people. It was our second service.

My friends, you could feel the presence of the Lord. People started coming barefoot and tattered clothes. One person came in a wheelchair, and two were helped by friends to walk to the service. They came that we could pray for them. I felt as we were at Peter’s house when they let the crippled through the roof.

We did not invite a healing service, they just came. 80 plus people filled the little bamboo house. They also gathered out into the kitchen and bedrooms. Many were people outside the house peering through the door and windows.

I was in tears watching them come. I was praising God in my heart. As I was wiping tears from my eyes, Pastor Gary, my interpreter, turned to me with tears in his eyes and said this is from God! He took the words right out from my month. Sister Edna led worship with tears of joy, as well. I was so moved as I gave my message of encouragement to them in tears.

The presence of the Lord was full. I knew it was the working of the Holy Spirit that brought them, and the Holy Spirit was also powerful in the message to their open hearts. Many of them were crying as I talked to them about repentance and the power of prayer. The message was Hebrews 4:16.

Thank you all for your prayers for us here. We service an awesome God. We don’t deserve this blessing and ministry. But thank You Lord that You allow us this privilege and this marvelous blessing. We are only joyful participants of the Lord’s blessing to those there.

Today, we fed 80 hungry hearts for our Lord. We also fed 35 hungry children a nourishing meal.

Thank you for being my dear partners in this magnificent ministry.

Your servant, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment